A (growing) collection of resources that are relevant to this community, created by friends, or both. See something that needs including? Ping us!
We provide a range of resource including lists of relevant reading, research, events, and others. Enjoy!>
- ThingsCon Report: The State of Responsible IoT. A collection of essays by experts from the inter-disciplinary ThingsCon community of IoT practitioners. It explores the challenges, opportunities and questions surrounding the creation of a responsible & human-centric Internet of Things (IoT).
- View Source: Shenzhen. An exploration of the Shenzhen hardware ecosystem & the importance of creating a responsible IoT. (June 2017)
- Stacey Higginbotham: IoT Podcast
- Engine Room Library
Short intros, briefings and further info around topics related to data and technology for social change
- IoT Bookshelf
An impeccably curated list of books about IoT by Alexandra DS, host of the IoT London meetup
- Postscapes: Top Internet of Things Books
An organized a list of books from basics like using an Arduino or a Raspberry Pi to developing a connected prototype.
- Thingclash Critical IoT Reading List
Excellent collection of critical IoT articles.
Projects & networks
- Mozilla OpenIoT Studio
Github repo for all projects, documentation, links, and outputs of to the OpenIoT Studio.
- Global Innovation Gathering
GIG is a global community of innovation hub founders, community managers, makers and hackers based on grassroots development and cooperation.
Research & publications
- [book] Higher education in the time of IoT
by Boris Adryan. Publication expected in late 2016.
- [research] The Good Home
Exploringideas for better 21st century urban living in tech-savvy households. By Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino and Peter Bihr.
- [research] ThingClash
Framework for considering cross-impacts and implications of colliding technologies, systems, cultures and values around the Internet of Things by the Changeist crew.
- [ebook] Understanding the connected home
by Michelle Thorne & Peter Bihr
Events we like
- Mozfest (London)
Mozilla’s festival for the open web.
- .process (Dortmund)
.process attempts to make the hidden outcomes of working processes visible. Co-founded by Simon Höher.
- Open IoT Assembly (London)
The Open IoT Assembly, organized by Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino, aims to define what an Open IoT should look like in 2017.
- IoT Service Kit by Ricardo Brito & Paul Houghton (Futurice)
- Know Cards by Tina Aspiala with support from Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino
Also, check out all the local ThingsCon events.